Welcome to the Christmas edition of our newsletter.
I would like to begin by wishing you and your family a healthy and happy Christmas.
It goes without saying that 2020 has been a very challenging year for all of us but hopefully with the launch of the Covid vaccine programme we can look forward to a better 2021 for everyone.
We have tried to keep you informed of the changing developments as they happened during Covid and we will continue to provide this information as things develop.
Our Christmas newsletter is very special to us as we get to look back at all the things that happened in Quintas over the last 12 months. Despite the challenges this year our social, charity and event teams in Quintas have had a busy year as can be seen from the collage of photos below.
At Quintas we continue to develop a team to be proud of, our graduate and talent development programme delivers expertise across many disciplines. We have a young and energetic group of people who have created a great culture and who make our firm a great place to work in.
I would especially like to thank everyone at Quintas for the hard work and dedication to our firm, their roles, our brand and to each and every one in Quintas, thank you for looking out for one another this year.
A special thank you to Fachtna and Julie in our facilities team and to Emma in reception for keeping the firm operational and all of us safe this year. We have given a little insight below into the changes that we have made to the office during the pandemic.
Our hardworking social committee play a major part in developing a positive environment with teamwork being one of our core values. They have done an excellent job keeping us all entertained whilst also maintaining social distancing.
As we turn the final page on 2020, we would like to express our thanks and gratitude to our clients for their continued loyalty and custom.
2020 was certainly a different year in terms of how we continued to service our existing clients and the new referrals to our firm. It gives us great pride to know that the majority of these referrals have been sent to us by our existing clients.
Your belief in Quintas gives us the confidence to continue investing in great people.
We look forward to working with you in 2021.
We hope you have a safe and Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year.
Special Achievements & Events
This is a summary of some of the important events and achievements that took place at Quintas in 2020:
- Quintas was delighted to announce the appointment of Dave O’Brien as Tax Partner. Dave has been with the firm since 2012 in various roles within the Quintas tax department
- Joan Bourke was presented with a gift by Mark Ryan to acknowledge her 10 year anniversary of working with Quintas..
- Leon Burke completed his professional accountancy qualifications. To acknowledge the occasion Leon was presented with an engraved pen by partners Fachtna O'Mahony and Tim McCarthy.
The Quintas team took part in the following Charity events in 2020:
- Quintas went red on valentines day in aid of The Irish Heart Foundation
- Denim for Dementia Day
- Quintas went 'Red for Cork' to fundraise for Marymount.
- Quintas collected essential supplies for Homeless Help and Support Cork
- Quintas took part in the Cork Simon Christmas Jumper Day
Social Media Challenge
This was a fun challenge we set in the office to see how far we could take our new branded products. This is a selection of the photos taken by members of the Quintas team during the year. In 2020 the Quintas brand popped up at the beach, at Aviva Stadium, Wembley Stadium, The Gap of Dunloe, The Phoenix Park and many other places.
What new destinations will we travel to in 2021?
- We had new staff join our team across various roles in the firm, Lisa, Ryan, Bryan, Kyle, Aileen, Aidan, Catherine & Carla.
- We also had a number of babies added to the Quintas family this year. Congratulations to Eddie & Amy who welcomed Baby Finn, Joan & Kevin who welcomed Baby Caoilian and Jennifer & Gordon who welcomed baby Hailey
Quintas Covid Measures
We wish to thank our facilities team lead by Fachtna and Julie who worked tirelessly to ensure that all staff and clients were protected since the start of the pandemic. Every aspect of the office operations and our interactions with visitors were reviewed and a range of steps and protections were put in place. All meeting room tables, all door handles and main touch points were protected with antimicrobial film which kills Covid 19 on touch. Our reception was transformed to ensure social distancing measures are in place to make sure that both our clients and staff feel safe.
We also took the opportunity to enhance our IT systems. We have invested in a conference system in our boardroom which enables us to meet virtually with our clients.This allowed us to continue to provide the top quality service we pride ourselves on, although through the medium of video conferencing. We would like to acknowledge our IT committee in Quintas who implemented this new system and who assisted all of us work remotely when required. We would also like to thank the contractors who look after our IT, Cleaning, repairs, Air Con, and the park management in Blackpool.