This is a summary of some of the important events and achievements that took place at Quintas in 2019:
- Joan and Mark took part in a seminar for solicitors in the Imperial Hotel
- Tim McCarthy had a big birthday this year (more on this later)
- Sean was presented with a gift by Fachtna to mark his 20 years’ service with the firm
- Julie and Nicola took part in the open day in CIT to promote our graduate programme
- Meadhbh and Shane completed their professional accountancy exams this year
- Quintas staff kindly supported the SVP food appeal this Christmas
- We had The Great Quintas ‘Bake off’ coffee morning to fundraise for Breakthrough Cancer Research
- We had a coffee morning to fundraise for the Irish Heart Foundation. Anne Riordan from the Irish Heart Foundation gave us a talk as part of our coffee morning
The Quintas team took part in the following Charity events in 2019:
- Darkness into Light
- Ladies Mini marathon in Cork
- Run in the Dark
- The Colour Dash
Social Media Challenge
This was a fun challenge we set in the office to see how far we could take our new branded products. This is a selection of the photos taken by members of the Quintas team during the year. In 2019 the Quintas brand popped up in locations in Cork, Kerry, Dublin, Mondello racetrack, Croke Park, Croatia, Boston, London, Paris, the South of France plus many other places.
What new destinations will we travel to in 2020?
Irish Guide Dogs
At Quintas we like to consider ourselves very much as a dog friendly business. These are photos of some of the friends we met along the way this year.
- Harry (trainee) Guide Dog from Irish Guide Dogs had a very important business meeting recently in Quintas.
- Chantelle from Quintas got to meet Ossie at the Irish Guide Dogs HQ on the Model Farm Road, Cork City. Chantelle had dropped in to handover the proceeds from our recent coffee morning fundraiser for the Irish Guide Dogs
- We had a visit from Dr Anne Kelliher and Ruairi from the Irish Guide Dogs as part of our recent coffee morning to fundraise for this great charity
We had a team bonding staff weekend away to Malaga in early December. Thankfully the weather was nice and sunny and we got to experience the city at Christmas. We also had our Christmas party abroad which was a great experience for all the team.
Thanks to everyone involved in our social committee for organising a very successful weekend away for our team.
Tim and Philip’s Trip to Base Camp Mount Everest
Congratulations again to Tim McCarthy and Philip Gillivan on reaching Everest Base Camp last November after a 7-day trek through the Himalayas. This is a sample of some of the spectacular views they encountered along the way.
Quintas Goes Green
So this year Quintas set up a Green committee to try and do our bit for the environment.
Our aim is to make Quintas ‘Greener’ and to be more conscious of what we are doing and how it effects the planet.
We have started small but every little helps:
- We have put a push on computers been turned off at night.
- Light’s been turned off when leaving a room.
- The coffee machine been turned off when not in use and we have also started to recycle our coffee pods through Nespresso themselves
- We have invested in our Quintas branded coffee cups to try stop the use of paper cups been bought.
- We have also switched to completely composable cups at our water station in reception. These decompose completely in 180 days
- We have changed our napkins as well to compostable 100% recycled paper which decompose as well withing 180 days.
- We have also placed recycling bins throughout the office and we have put a push on putting the correct materials in the correct bins.
- For 2020 we are looking into lots of other ideas including getting staff reusable branded water bottles to reduce plastic ones
- We are also looking into alternatives to the water bottles we use in reception